April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month.
According to Travelers and the National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA), 32% of business leaders are concerned about their employees using technology while driving for work purposes, compared to last year’s 26%. At Liberty Insurance, we’re committed to keeping you safe on the road.
To help you and your employees avoid distractions while driving, we’re sharing these tips:
- Activate Do Not Disturb: Set your phone to detect when you’re driving or manually turn it on before moving to avoid distractions from notifications.
- Plan Your Route: Program your navigation system and review your route before driving to avoid taking your eyes off the road.
- Avoid Reaching for Objects: Resist the urge to reach for items while driving, especially those that may have fallen or are located in the backseat or elsewhere.
- Speak Up: If you see distracted driving, say something. Encourage others, including children riding in a friend’s car, to do the same. Speaking up could save a life.
- Talk to Your Employer: Responding to work calls, texts, or emails while driving can be dangerous. Encourage your employer to wait until employees are safely parked to discuss work-related matters.
To learn more about the risks of distracted driving, read the latest NHTSA risk index.
Click here to find out how you can play a part in reducing distracted driving.