A: All businesses in the construction industry in the Commonwealth, including those in new construction, renovation, and repair, as well as land subdivision and design-related field activities, are permitted to maintain in-person operations.
Q: What guidance has been issued by the Commonwealth?
A: The Commonwealth of PA has issued additional guidance specific to the industry as it relates to the Order of the Secretary of Health. The guidance includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Every person at work site should wear masks/face covering
- Social Distancing unless the safety of the public or worker requires deviation(ex: dry walling, team lifting)
- Provide hand wash stations at appropriate locations
- Limit tool sharing and sanitize if tools must be shared
- Implement cleaning or sanitizing protocols at all construction sites and projects
- Employ job site screening based on CDC guidance to determine if employees should work
- Limit access to enclosed spaces to the extent feasible
- Ensure workers are traveling to and from the job site separately
- Identify a “Pandemic Safety Officer” for each project or work site who’s primary responsibility will be to convey, implement and enforce the social distancing and other requirements of the guidance for the protection of employees and public.
We encourage employers to read the guidance in its entirety at by clicking here.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact yourLiberty Advisor.