A: Employers should be starting now to prepare for when a business can open physical location(s) and employees return to a physical location for work. Areas of planning should include, but not limited to the following:
- Facemask procurement and policy
- Office disinfecting and cleaning measures
- Hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap stations
- Procedures for confirmed cases of COVID-19 including written procedure, following proposed shutdown and return to work screening within ADA guidelines.
- Social Distancing Protocol including hosting meetings, gathering in public places and external meetings
- Telecommuting Policy and possible state requirements
- State Public Health Orders
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Appointing a “Pandemic Safety Officer” who’s primary responsibility will be to convey, implement and enforce the social distancing and other requirements.
Employers should refer to the CDC, EEOC and state guidelines. The guidelines should be checked regularly since the requirements and COVID-19 are always changing.
Q: Where can I find the guidelines for in-person operations?
A: Employers can find guidance on in-person operations on state and government worksites. Listed below are some national resources and Pennsylvania resources.
We encourage employers to read the guidance listed above including Reopening a Business after the Coronavirus Shutdown and Designing a Post Coronavirus Office.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact your Liberty Advisor.