A: The Green Phase lifts most business closure orders to allow the economy to strategically reopen while continuing to prioritize public health and eases some, but not all, of the restrictions that were in place for businesses who were operational during the Yellow Phase. The Department of Health will continue to monitor public health indicators and adjust orders and restrictions, as necessary.
Guidance and Restrictions for businesses operating under the Green Phase in Pennsylvania include:
- Masks required for employees and visitors in the workplace
- Cleaning/disinfecting protocols from Yellow Phase continues
- Workplace social distancing
- Continuing to telework is strongly encouraged
- Businesses with in person operations must continue to follow the updated Business and Building Safety Requirements, details can be found here: https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/gov-wolf-health-sec-signs-order-providing-building-safety-measures-to-combat-covid-19/
- Occupancy for businesses operating in the Yellow Phase may increase occupancy from 50% to 75%, while businesses who are newly permitted to operate in the Green Phase are limited to 50% occupancy. These occupancy restrictions include:
- Restaurants and bars limited to 50%
- Personal Care Services by appointment only and limited to 50%
- Indoor Recreation, Health and Wellness Facilities, and Personal Care Services (such as gyms and spas) open to 50% occupancy with appointments strongly encouraged
- All Entertainment (such as casinos, theaters and shopping malls) limited to 50%
- Construction activity may return to full capacity with continued implementation of protocols
- Large gatherings are permitted up to a maximum of 250 people
Employers must continue to follow CDC Reopening Guidance and PA Department of Health Social Distancing and Cleaning Guidelines during operations. We also recommend employers refer to OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19.
Businesses with employees in states other than Pennsylvania should refer to the state government website. Employers can also contact their Liberty Advisor for help in understanding the different phases for reopening and continued business operations.
Complete details for each phase for Pennsylvania can be found at https://www.pa.gov/guides/responding-to-covid-19/#PhasedReopening
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact yourLiberty Advisor.